- -Set reasonable expectations of daily practice and progress.
- -Motivate the students by explaining the benefits of a meditation practice.
- -Identify the pitfalls of meditation that lead to discouragement
- -Provide a simple 4-week program that can help students slowly build up meditation and mindfulness skills
- -Teach micro practices that can quickly and easily be done throughout the day
- Luna Recovery Center – August 2019 to the present
- Houston Jung Center – quarterly classes on coping with stress. 2007 – present
- West University Seniors Center – 2009 – present – Twice monthly mindfulness discussion group
- Houston Area Parkinson’s Society – 2009 to present
- DeBakey Veteran’s Administration Hospital – Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Center – 2011 – 2013
- Chevron Corporation – 2013
- MD Anderson Hospital – Sugarland –2015
- University of Texas at Austin – Osher Lifelong Learning Institute – March 2016
Stan retired from IBM in 2002. He worked there as a System Engineer, Database Specialist, System Engineer Manager and Application development specialist.
- Bachelors Degree – Franklin and Marshall College 1967
- Masters in Physics – Cornell University 1969
- MSEE in Computer Science – Johns Hopkins University 1973